New/Mode is on a mission to empower real people & communities to make public institutions responsive to their needs. Our vision is to transform the technological foundations of democratic decision-making toward a more just and sustainable world.
New/Mode’s public engagement and advocacy platform powers the world’s most important causes, giving them the tools they need to activate grassroots power, reach decision-makers and win their campaigns.
New/Mode is an equity-seeking organization. People who identify as being from marginalized communities. Women, Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people identifying as LGBTQ2, and people from low-income backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
We believe in a new mode of operation based on the following core values, and partner with people and organizations who share them.
- Empowerment. We empower people to speak in their own voice and take action.
- Collaboration. We aim to help build a society that embraces new tools and processes for sharing and cooperation.
- Empathy. We celebrate and engage with diversity, uncover others’ needs, and find common ground and shared wins.
- Participation. We believe decision-making should be open, transparent, collaborative, and focused on those who will be most affected in their daily lives.
- Sustainability. We help create more sustainable, vibrant, and resilient communities.
Fairness. We work towards a fairer economy and society.
You and the Rest of the New/Mode Team Are...
- motivated by New/Mode's mission and vision;
- seeking to work for a company that values empowerment, collaboration, participatory decision-making, sustainability and engagement with social and environmental challenges;
- people who own their work and exhibits personal and team accountability;
- striving for mastery over your work and autonomy in its successful completion;
- open and transparent about ideas for the success of your team and your capacity to meet deadlines;
- people who build others up, empower those around them, assume best intentions and work with best intentions for the team;
- people who celebrate and engage with diversity, while looking for common ground and shared wins; and
- driven to see beyond symptoms to identify underlying problems and opportunities for better systems.