Community Outreach Representative
Do you want to be a part of a company helping the most important causes of our time have a deep and lasting impact? Do you have that rare combination of analytical problem-solving and people-first relationship skills? Do you share our values and have a passion for progressive change?
This is a mission-critical role for someone looking to jump-start their career in marketing, sales, community outreach, digital campaigns, advocacy or organizing work.
As New/Mode’s first Community Outreach Representative, your mission is to identify, research, qualify and attract new subscribers that will benefit from New/Mode’s advocacy and civic engagement platform in the US, Canada, UK, EU and Australia.
Your Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Analyze existing leads in our CRM (Hubspot), identify top prospects and segment into appropriate funnels.
- Send emails, make calls and use automated sequences to nurture new leads to a higher level of qualification/opportunity stage.
- Analyze existing leads and segment into appropriate funnels.
- Book discovery calls and product demos on behalf of the sales team.
- Write and edit automated workflows and email sequences.
- Regularly update lists and contact records in New/Mode’s CRM.
- Maintain opt-in/opt-out lists in accordance with regional compliance.
- Work with the Director of Community & Partnerships to coordinate and send issue-based email campaigns.
- Develop monthly key account prospect lists for the sales team.
- Working with AEs, proactively generate new leads as needed.
- Maintain and update external sales and marketing materials, such as pitch decks, product sheets, and event materials.
- Develop an internal sales and marketing reference library, including competitive analysis, sales FAQ, and New/Mode’s FAB (features, advantages and benefits)
- Identify in-person opportunities and coordinate our presence at key events in the US, Canada and UK
- Provide timely and accurate sales and marketing reports as requested by the CEO, COO and Director of Community & Partnerships
Your Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of marketing principles and up-to-date best practices is required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an approachable and non-technical voice and tone
- Ability to build strong rapport and map opportunities, needs and challenges to our platform benefits
- Preference for working with an interdependent team; your work directly contributes to the success of and targets for our sales and marketing teams
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis and to calculate the ROI of specific sales and marketing initiatives
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, imports, exports and data cleansing best practices
- Experience with or interest in digital ad platforms and campaign management
- Digital/inbound marketing certification is a strong asset
- Experience with CRMs is a strong asset (especially Hubspot)
Work Location (Remote):
This position is ideally suited for someone comfortable with remote work. Our ideal candidate is based in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal or DC. However, exceptional candidates will be considered anywhere in Canada, on the US east coast, and San Francisco Bay Area.
- $42,000–$45,000 base salary, plus performance bonus
- Health spending account
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Stock options